Canadian University Links for Faculty Development Resources/Information:
facultyof Medicine/Faculty Development - https://facdev.med.ubc.ca/
facultyof Medicine/Faculty Development - Teaching Resources - https://facdev.med.ubc.ca/teaching-resources/ What is great about this site?
- U of A Faculty of Medicine and
Dentisty/Faculty Development - https://www.ualberta.ca/medicine/about/faculty/development
Rural Medical Education (RMED) -
- U of C Faculty Development - https://www.ucalgary.ca/ofd/
- USask – Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning - https://teaching.usask.ca/about/units/gwenna-moss-centre-for-teaching-and-learning.php
- General information Teaching and
- University of Manitoba Office of Educational and Faculty Development - http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/ed_dev/index.php
- Queens University Faculty of Health Sciences - https://healthsci.queensu.ca/faculty-staff/cpd
- Western University Continuing Professional Development - https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/continuingprofessionaldevelopment/
- McMaster Centre for Faculty Development - https://fhs.mcmaster.ca/facdev/
- U of Toronto Centre for Faculty Development - https://cfd.utoronto.ca/
- McGill Faculty Development Office - https://www.mcgill.ca/medicinefacdev/ Faculty Development Resources: https://mcgill.ca/medicinefacdev/resources
- Dalhousie University Medicine - Faculty Development - https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/cpd/faculty-development.html
- Memorial University Education Scholarship
Competencies for Teachers - FTA Framework
Fundamental Teaching Activities Framework – what are the competencies I need to have to teach?
Do you have questions about the FTA and how it can be used? Go to:
Graduate Education Opportunities
- New to Teaching
- Use Your Objectives
- Preparing Your Presentation
- Get Innovative
- Learning Management Guidelines
- PowerPoint Template
Society of Teachers of Family medicine - Student Onboarding: https://www.stfm.org/studentonboarding
Marcel Dion - 9 Teaching Tips
Med Ed Portal
Med Ed Journals:
Can Medical Education Journal
Family Medicine Links
The KeyLIME podcast
The Simulation Podcast
Webinars (see also under Events)
DR-ED: An Electronic Discussion Group for Medical Educators: https://omerad.msu.edu/about-us/publications/dr-ed-an-electronic-discussion-group-for-medical-educators
Medical Education Conferences
Key meetings at local, provincial, national and international venues, of interest to those involved in medical and health professions education.
5th International Conference on Faculty Development in the Health Professions
September 23-25, 2019
This conference brings together international faculty development leaders and educators in the health sciences to share best practices and current research in faculty development and to foster a global community of leaders and educators in the field.
- Bring together international faculty development leaders and educators in the academic health sciences
- Share best practices and current research in faculty development
- Foster a global community of leaders in Faculty Development
We use a collaborative, result-orientated process to help individual faculty (or faculty groups) of the College of Medicine in achieving a specific, professional goal.
Currently, a Masters in Educational Administration (with a specialization in Medical Education) is offered through the College of Education.
For events/workshops directly targeted at Grad Students and PostDocs
Postgraduate Teaching Resources
- Working with PGME and CBME leads
- Local/ Departmental/Group/ Sites – rounds, retreats, workshops
- Annual Med Ed Research and Scholarship Day – CBME stream
- RCPSC resources – webinars, meantime
e book, modules, presentations
- Webinars available- AAMC, IASME, AMEE, CAME, etc.
- PGME CBME webpage and newsletter
- Central templates but department tailored
- FD sessions at PG Director or DH request
RCPSC CBD resources: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons CBD Resources
College of Family Physicians of Canada Triple C curriculum and Faculty Development Resources
Society of Teachers of Family Medicine - Residency Curriculum Resource: https://stfm.org/
For information on Learning Analytics go to AskAMEE for a primer: https://www.askamee.org/learninganalytics; note the SK connection –
Faculty Development Website Survey
Click the link below to complete a short survey that will assist us in continuous improvement of our website. We sincerely appreciate your feedback here.