- FD events are listed under the events tab and are on CoM calendar
- Resources are available including Clinical Teaching Tips – updated 2019
- Med Ed Wiki (updated 2018) under the Teaching and Learning tab
- Links to other resources exist in each section plus those below for new teachers
- There are posted recordings of FD sessions/archives of past sessions
- “Just in time” FD – is a resource for faculty you can pursue on your own
- Residents learn about teaching through the Faculty Development TIPS course.
- STFM guide for new faculty gives a great overview
Family Physician Faculty from the STFM (Society of Teachers of Family Medicine) - https://www.stfm.org/facultydevelopment/otherfacultytraining/tipsfornewfaculty/topic-page/
UBC has a great series of online modules for new preceptors. See the Teaching & Learning tab.
UGME Teaching TIPS
For information regarding medical student education:
- Harassment and Intimidation
- Orientation for learners to your practice
- Call expectations
- Graded responsibilities
Go to https://medicine.usask.ca/residents/pgme-programs.php#ProgramContacts for information on Competency By Design as
The College of Family Physicians of Canada has many resources on the Triple C Family Medicine Curriculum https://www.cfpc.ca/triple_c/ See more information under the Teaching tab.
Teaching Tips for Clinicians
If you are looking for help teaching about Communication skills go to – http://doccom.org/ and the Institute for Healthcare Communication
PeeR Observation and Mentorship Program for Teaching in MEDicine (PROMPT-MED)
The purpose of this program is
It’s important that you obtain an NSID. How to get your NSID
Programs and software used in the CoM:
- WebEx – Willem de Jong and David Greaves
- TopHat – Todd Reichert
- BlackBoard – Willem de Jong and David Greaves
- Examsoft – Todd Reichert
- Panopto – David Greaves and Willem de Jong
- One45 – Willem de Jong
Videos on these topics are located at the following link: https://usask.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID="43528f96-cea0-47f8-8cb2-aa0001430a8a" (I get message - Failed to load the folder ???)
For room bookings in Saskatoon:
Room1430 in the Health Sciences Library can be booked through Gwen Chan firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-966-5918
For all other room bookings, contact Facilities Support Services at 966-4496
Technology Training & Support:
Lynda is an online training resource for all USask faculty, staff and students that is free at lynda.com which is an online training resource containing thousands of videos on the latest software tools and skills.
WebEx support is 306-966-2222 which is the IT help desk
Other USask IT resources include:
FD highly recommends all faculty take the course on Indigenous Wellness. This course is offered regularly and you can register
We also offer a workshop on Unconscious Bias and recommend this for all new faculty.
Other general information on Indigenous resources at http://www.nccah-ccnsa.ca/34/Publications.nccah
USask Indigenization links:
AFMC has a manual of core competencies for UG teaching which is being updated:
Why is this important? Mentoring Need help? Want to learn more? How can I build on this?
Commit to a change/ self reflection/ your learning plan/ get your study credits/ link learning to practice/QI
Rate this page/ Help us improve: What doesn’t work?/ What’s missing?
Faculty Development Website Survey
Click the link below to complete a short survey that will assist us in continuous improvement of our website. We sincerely appreciate your feedback here.