Mentorship & Coaching
Read more about our award-winning faculty here.
Consider applying for the following faculty awards:
- The University of Saskatchewan has a number of faculty teaching awards, as well as funding for projects related to curriculum innovation, experiential learning, scholarship of teaching and learning, open educational resources, and course innovation communities. This website also contains information on how to apply for national and international teaching awards.
- Canadian Medical Association — deadline for nominations is November 30.
- Resident Doctors of Canada — deadline for nominations is the January 30.
- Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada — nominations are open from July 1 – September 30.
- CaRMS — deadline for nominations is in September, annually.
- Medical Council of Canada — deadline for nominations is May 1.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
The Royal College also provides research grants and professional development funding.
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) — deadline for nominations is in May, annually.
- The CFPC also provides research grants and professional development funding.
- Saskatchewan chapter awards.
- Saskatchewan Medical Association – deadline for nominations is February, annually
- Canadian Association for Medical Education
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan – deadline September 30, annually.
Why is this important?
This is a common question for many clinicians
You can get help through your department head and through the office of Faculty Engagement. FD can also provide some advice or mentoring if you are considering going for promotion.
Want to learn more?
Read the USask CoM guidelines and talk to others in your Department who have gone through the promotions process. It is often very helpful to see someone’s promotions package as you develop your own. You can also take courses through Gwenna Moss on Teaching Dossier preparation, etc.
Thinking about your thinking – click on the image above to download and use this template to record “process notes” to reflect on what you want to use or take away from this page. This can be similar to writing a progress note on patient care. Download this pdf and keep it as a record. Write out your comments on what you are learning and come back to this from time to time to see how your thoughts and feelings are changing. Review what you have written and re-comment on how you are applying what you are learning to your day to day practice.
Faculty Development Website Survey
Click the link below to complete a short survey that will assist us in continuous improvement of our website. We sincerely appreciate your feedback here.