About Stephan Milosavljevic
Director, School of Physical Therapy
- Occupational biomechanics
- Whole body vibration
- Lumbo-pelvic clinical biomechanics
- Chronic low back pain
- Occupational health
- Rural ergonomics
- Injury prevention
- Community health interventions and strategies
- Walking as the intervention
- Coping strategies
- Validity, reliability and accuracy of physical evaluations
- Hendrick, P, Milosavljevic, S, Hale, L, Hurley, DA, McDonough, SM, Herbison, P, Baxter, GD. Does a patient's physical activity predict recovery from an episode of acute low back pain? A prospective cohort study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2013, 14 , art. no. 126
- Hendrick, P, Mani, R, Bishop, A, Milosavljevic, S, Schneiders, AG. Therapist knowledge, adherence and use of low back pain guidelines to inform clinical decisions - A national survey of manipulative and sports physiotherapists in New Zealand. Manual Therapy. 2013, 18 (2) , pp. 136-142
- Bussey, MD, Milosavljevic, S. Can innominate motion be used to identify persons with ankylosing spondylitis? A pilot study Manual Therapy. 2013, 18 (2) , pp. 118-123
- Adhia DB, Bussey MD, Ribeiro DC, Tumilty S, Milosavljevic S. Validity and reliability of palpation digitization for non-invasive kinematic measurement – A systematic review. Manual Therapy. 2013;18(1):26-34.
- Baxter M, Ribeiro D, Milosavljevic S. Do orthotics work as an injury prevention strategy for the military? Physical Therapy Reviews. 2012 Aug;17(4):241-251.
- Smith CM, Read JE, Bennie C, Hale LA, Milosavljevic S. Can non-immersive virtual reality improve physical outcomes of rehabilitation?. Physical Therapy Reviews. 2012 Feb;17(1):1-15.
- Milosavljevic S, Mani R, Ribeiro DC, Vasiljev R, Rehn B. Exploring how anthropometric, vehicle andworkplace factors influence whole-body vibration exposures during on-farm use of a quad bike.International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics.2012;42(4):392-396.
- Aldabe D, Ribeiro DC, Milosavljevic S, Bussey MD. Pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain and its relationship with relaxin levels during pregnancy: A systematic review. European Spine Journal. 2012;21(9):1769- 1776.
- Hale LA, Satherley JA, McMillan NJ, Milosavljevic S, Hijmans JM, King MJ. Participant perceptions of use of CyWee Z as adjunct to rehabilitation of upper-limb function following stroke. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 2012;49(4):623-634.
- Aldabe D, Milosavljevic S, Bussey MD. Is pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain associated with altered kinematic, kinetic and motor control of the pelvis? A systematic review. European Spine Journal. 2012;21(9):1777-1787.
- Adhia DB, Bussey MD, Mani R, Jayakaran P, Aldabe D, Milosavljevic S. Inter-tester reliability of non-invasive technique for measurement of innominate motion. Manual Therapy. 2012;17(1):71-76.
- Arumugam A, Milosavljevic S, Woodley S, Sole G. Evaluation of changes in pelvic belt tension during 2 weight-bearing functional tasks. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 2012;35(5):390-395.
- Arumugam A, Milosavljevic S, Woodley S, Sole G.Effects of external pelvic compression on form closure, force closure, and neuromotor control of the lumbopelvic spine - A systematic review. Manual Therapy. 2012;17(4):275-284.
- Ribeiro DC, Aldabe D, Abbott JH, Sole G, Milosavljevic S. Dose-response relationship between work-related cumulative postural exposure and low back pain: A systematic review. Annals of Occupational Hygiene. 2012;56(6):684-696.
- Milosavljevic S, Bagheri N, Vasiljev RM, McBride DI, Rehn B. Does daily exposure to whole-body vibration and mechanical shock relate to the prevalence of low back and neck pain in a rural workforce? Annals of Occupational Hygiene. 2012;56(1):10-17.
- Arumugam A, Milosavljevic S, Woodley S, Sole G. Can application of a pelvic belt change injured hamstring muscle activity? Medical Hypotheses. 2012;78(2):277-282.
- Sole G, Milosavljevic S, Nicholson H, Sullivan SJ. Altered muscle activation following hamstring injuries. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2012;46(2):118-123.
- Ribeiro DC, Sole G, Abbott JH, Milosavljevic S. The reliability and accuracy of an electromagnetic motion analysis system when used conjointly with an accelerometer. Ergonomics. 2011;54(7):672-677.
- Hendrick P, Milosavljevic S, Hale L, Hurley DA, McDonough S, Ryan B, Baxter GD. The relationship between physical activity and low back pain outcomes: A systematic review of observational studies. European Spine Journal. 2011;20(3):464-474.
- Milosavljevic S, Gregory DE, Pal P, Carman AB, Milburn PD, Callaghan JP. The interaction between skill, postures, forces and back pain in wool handling. Applied Ergonomics. 2011;42(6):801-806.
- Ribeiro D.C, Sole G, Abbott JH, Milosavljevic S. Cumulative postural exposure measured by a novel device: A preliminary study. Ergonomics. 2011, 54 (9) , 858-865
- Dean SG., Hudson S, Hay-Smith EJ, Milosavljevic S. Rural workers' experience of low back pain: exploring why they continue to work. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. 2011, 21 (3) , pp. 395-409